Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”.

Monday, February 13, 2012

This isn't Dr Scholl's, going on hiatus.

This blog project isn't quite "gelling" like I expected it to mentally, so I am going to take a hiatus of indeterminate length. Too many different ideas that don't come down to a focal point just yet. I think the real problem is that I really need to plan all 100 entries into themed blocks, kind of like what I doing with repetition.

The whole Fizz for languages, Buzz for longer elaborations, and FizzBuzz for esoteric languages was a novel setup, the content of the number entries was letting me down.  So if and when I come back to this, I will at least go at it with an entire roadmap (if not text and worked solutions) rather than a rough idea.  However I see this more as a fast paced conference presentation about "Everething you need to know about programming I can show you in FizzBuzz" with 100 variations in 50 minutes, across multiple languages.  But that may be because I prefer speaking to writing.

I do have some code in the hopper that abuses Java language features.  I will post some of those in April as it keeps with the American theme of April Fools Day.

And the title is a reference to a really annoying shoe inserts ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment